Sustainability & Compliance
- BREEAM New Construction
- BREEAM Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit Out
- BREEAM In-use
- BREEAM International
- BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment
- Home Quality Mark (HQM)
- SKA Rating
- NABERS UK
- Net Zero Carbon Strategy
- Whole Life-cycle Carbon Assessment
- Carbon Offsetting
- Building energy modelling
- Dynamic Simulation Modelling
- Domestic building compliance: New Build Part L1A or Existing (e.g. extension) Part L1B – Approved Doc. Part L Volume 1
- Non-domestic building compliance: New Build Part L2A or Existing (e.g. refurbishments) Part L2B – Approved Doc. Part L Volume 2
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Air permeability testing & diagnostics (building regulations, Part L)
- Water-efficiency calculations (building regulations, Part G)
- Daylight factor calculations
- Thermal comfort and overheating calculations (Approved Doc. Part O, CIBSE TM52, TM59)
- Acoustics consultancy and testing (building regulations, Part E)
- Ventilation consultancy and testing (building regulations, Part F)
Energy Assessment Services
We provide energy assessment services for residential and non-residential buildings; either new-build or refurbished.
Our accredited energy assessors will help you determine a cost-effective compliance solution for Part L of the building regulations, produce appropriate building energy models (be they Dynamic Simulation Modelling, SBEM or SAP calculations) and will lodge the building’s Energy Performance Certificate.
We will help you demonstrate compliance with acoustic performance (building regulations, Part E), ventilation (building regulations, Part F) and water-efficiency (building regulations, Part G) criteria, providing a truly comprehensive service.
In addition to our extensive range of in-house services, we partner with a number of skilled associates to provide a turnkey solution to inform and assess your building’s sustainability and compliance performance.
Our experienced consultants provide a proactive service, engaging with the design team early in the process to ensure that sustainability issues are considered at the appropriate stage of the development cycle.
We provide expert advice to ensure that your development achieves the required sustainability targets and meets your aspirations.
Element Sustainability’s qualified environmental assessors will guide your team through the design and construction process, from design-stage assessments to post-completion reviews.
We offer a fully managed assessment process, issuing tracking documents that outline design team responsibilities, evidence criteria and progression to simplify and de-risk the certification process.