The BRE’s planned changes and increases to the BREEAM and HQM scheme fees come in to affect next week on the 1st July 2017. New certification fees are not applicable to existing registered assessments or assessments registered up to 30 June 2016.
The main changes and key points are as follows:
- A licence fee for BREEAM International New Construction (NC) and BREEAM International Refurbishment and Fit-Out (RFO) assessors;
- The Home Quality Mark (HQM) and BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment (BDR) certification fees have been aligned and introduced a diminishing ‘fee per dwelling’ for higher volume assessments;
- Changes have been made to the registration fee for BREEAM UK NC (Non-Domestic) and BREEAM UK RFO;
- Changes have been made to the BREEAM UK NC certification fees removing the standard, non-standard and bespoke categories, and introducing a fee scale based on development size to align with other BREEAM schemes;
- The BREEAM International NC Registration fee has been amended to remove the scaled registration fee determined by building size; and,
- Changes have been made to the BREEAM International NC certification fees.
Please contact us to discuss current and any forthcoming projects, we will be happy to assist.