The BRE has issued a briefing note to all licensed assessors providing information on the planned changes to the BREEAM and HQM scheme fees. All new fees apply from 1 July 2017 in relation to licence, registration and certification. Certification fees will be charged under the new fee structure for assessments registered from 1 July 2017. New certification fees are therefore not applicable to existing registered assessments or assessments registered up to 30 June 2016.
The main changes and key points are as follows:
- A licence fee for BREEAM International New Construction (NC) and BREEAM International Refurbishment and Fit-Out (RFO) assessors;
- The Home Quality Mark (HQM) and BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment (BDR) certification fees have been aligned and introduced a diminishing ‘fee per dwelling’ for higher volume assessments;
- Changes have been made to the registration fee for BREEAM UK NC (Non-Domestic) and BREEAM UK RFO;
- Changes have been made to the BREEAM UK NC certification fees removing the standard, non-standard and bespoke categories, and introducing a fee scale based on development size to align with other BREEAM schemes;
- The BREEAM International NC Registration fee has been amended to remove the scaled registration fee determined by building size; and,
- Changes have been made to the BREEAM International NC certification fees.