Element Sustainability are delighted to be able to share that planning approval has been granted for a £27million hotel development near Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester. The Element Sustainability team are proud to be involved in such a prestigious scheme that is backed by none other than Christiano Ronaldo as part of his CR7 brand.
At the planning stage, Element Sustainability worked with the design team to prepare an Environmental Standards Statement that demonstrated the holistic sustainability of the scheme and detailed the energy performance of the hotel. Our work included:
- SBEM calculations to determine the energy demand and carbon emissions associated with the complex energy strategy in order to align the proposals with Manchester’s planning policy requirements and their aspirations to become a Net-Zero Carbon.
- A Life Cycle Analysis of the development to calculate the embodied energy and CO2 emissions arising from the scheme. This is used to inform the design and specification process to reduce the environmental impact of the hotel.
- A planning statement that detailed:
- Environmental design;
- Construction management;
- Climate change adaptation; and,
- A zero carbon standards summary outlining the pathway towards a Net-Zero Carbon development in line with Manchester City Council’s Climate Change Framework, emerging Greater Manchester Spatial Framework and their Climate Change Emergency objectives.
- BREEAM assessment services including two BREEAM pre-assessments to further highlight the sustainability credentials of the scheme which will guide the development through to completion.